I am obsessed with fruit snacks, and always have been! Try this healthy recipe and create your very own berry fruit roll ups!
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries (I used raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into Vitamix or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Line 2 of your dehydrator trays with parchment paper, then pour half of the fruit mixture through a fine mesh sieve onto the first tray and half onto the second. Using an offset spatula spread the purée as flat and as evenly as possible until it's about 1/8-inch thick.
- It takes approximately six hours for fruit leather to dry in dehydrator at 135F.
- Place dried fruit leather on wax paper, cut into strips using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter and roll them up. Enjoy!
Visit MindBodySoul for more information on this recipe, and others!