Chemistry seems tough, but it is actually one of the most entertaining subjects to explore! Today I’m going to introduce you to a tool kit that can help your kids better understand basic chemistry. It is my favorite kit because almost everything you need is included inside the kit!
Your kids will learn amazing new things about basic and acidic solutions. Whether erupting an under-water volcano or growing colorful, jiggly crystals, this science kit mixes learning with experimentation in a fun and colorful way for a wide range of ages.
- Scientific Explorer: My First Mind Blowing Science Kit
- Baking flour
- Plate or Tray
- Red and blue pens
- Grape juice
- Coffee filter paper
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Stirring spoon
- Towels for clean-up
- Activity 1 : Dancing Powders: Get started on your mind blowing journey in the world of chemistry with this simple activity to learn about acids, bases and chemical reactions
- Activity 2: Color Changing Liquids: Use acids, bases and red cabbage powder to make color changing liquids
- Activity 3: Acid or Base? Test some safe household liquids to find out if they are acids or bases
- Activity 4: Create Colorful Jiggly Crystals
- Activity 5: Test Tube Sunset: Watch beautiful colors as they change before your eyes
- Activity 6: Create Giant Jiggly Crystals
- Activity 7: Color Changing Volcano: Make a volcano erupt with color changing lava
- Activity 8: Create an Underwater Volcano
- Activity 9: Color Changing Grapes: Can you make a fruit change color?
- Activity 10: Magic Ooze: Is it a solid or a liquid?
- Activity 11: Mix Colors with your Eyes: Mix colors without them ever touching!
Tag @themodernteacher with your little chemist’s experiments!