Happy Easter & Happy Passover! I loved creating these galaxy inspired Easter Eggs with one of my students this past week! It furthered our love and fascination with solar system, and was a super easy and fun activity for the whole family! Create galaxy Easter Eggs to explore outer space and the solar system!
- Egg Decorating Kit (link)
- Blue, Purple, Black & Gold Acrylic PainT (link)
- Silver and Gold Glitter (link)
- Olive Oil
- Silver Paint Pen (link)
- A dozen hard-boiled eggs
- Sponge Paint Brush (link)
First, start a conversation with your child about our amazing solar system--the planets, the stars, constellations and beyond! Watch this Brain Pop video to get started.
Once you spark their curiosity, you are ready to create your galaxy eggs!
- Dye the eggs using the PAAS kit
- Set aside a bowl with 2 cups of cool water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add a few drops of acrylic paint into the bowl and stir
- Using a spoon, dip the dyed egg into the bowl..it will quickly become marbleized!
- BE CREATIVE! You can use a sponge brush to paint the eggs a solid color, and add glitter! You can even draw constellations on the egg using the silver paint pen. The possibilities are endless..just like the galaxies!
Visit: 14 Galaxy-Inspired Easter Eggs That Are Out of This World for more ideas & inspiration!
Tag @themodernteacher in your Galaxy Easter Eggs!